Today, I completed the Air Pressure lab. I placed a plastic bag over the top of a jar and secured it with a rubber band to the top of the jar. I tried pushing the plastic bag into the jar but the air pressure in the bag made it difficult to do this. The air pressure inside the bag was higher than the air pressure on the outside of the bag. As I pushed down the plastic bag I felt the air pressure in the bag pushing back preventing me from pushing the plastic bag into the jar.
In the second part of the experiment, I put the plastic bag into the jar and secured it to the top of the jar with the rubber band. Then I tried to pull the plastic bag out of the jar. When the bag is inside the jar, the air pressure inside the bag is higher. Air pressure was pushing the bag down into the jar and there wasn’t enough air pressure between the bottom of the bag and the jar to allow the bag to be pulled up.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment